About the Doctor
Dr. Maxwell Barrett has always been interested in the practice of Physical Medicine. He found his calling as an athlete in high school, where he unfortunately spent many hours in the training room for a myriad of injuries. After high school, Dr. Barrett went on to study Kinesiology (Sports Medicine) at the University of Illinois, where he worked closely with many of their top athletes in the training rooms. Completing his undergraduate studies, he then pursued his chiropractic education at National University of Health Sciences. While there he earned a second Bachelors degree in Human Biology as well as his Doctorate of Chiropractic. Dr. Barrett has been in practice on the North Shore for the past decade.
On a personal note, Dr. Barrett grew up in Deerfield and currently resides on the North Shore with his wife, Maggie, and his kids. In his spare time he enjoys movies, music, and participating in sports of many kinds. His recent pursuits included the Chicago Marathon and Chicago Triathlon.
- University of Illinois – Champaign/Urbana: Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, 2002
- National University of Health Sciences: Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, 2003
- National University of Health Sciences: Doctorate of Chiropractic, 2005
- Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic from the Illinois Dept of Professional Regulation, 2005
- Certification in Meridian Therapy Acupuncture from National University of Health Sciences, 2004
- Illinois Chiropractic Society Member
- Northbrook Chamber of Commerce Member
Continuing Education Focus:
- Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Lower Extremity Injuries
- Imaging / Management of Athletic Injuries
- Management of Knee Disorders
- Orthopedic Management of Shoulder Disorders